Update added by user Mar 13
"Context Logic", the 'parent' company of both Wish & Geek _ABSOLUTELY_ knows that 99% of these micro SD memory cards are fake / counterfeit!They don't even argue with you if you file a request for a refund any more, and if you take the time to notify them that these are obviously fake due to the markings found on them even in the pictures, they simply tell you that they "are aware and fighting the problem" - which is total BS.
They often have delivery time that exceeds the "30 day refund" window, so be VERY aware of this and I have also received items that were NOT the ones shown: for example, I ordered a Bluedio M3 wireless bluetooth set of earbuds, but received an obsolete M2 version that has not been made in more than a year. Since I am a customer of CCK (the company that owns Bluedio) - I know what is current and what is "outdated" or obsolete product.
If you order a BS-3 "Camel" bluetooth speaker, you are just as likely to receive the BS-2 prior year's version - you HAVE to check every single item you get!
Context Logic is VERY aware that these 'shops' are selling counterfeit merchandise, not just these specific items, but they don't care - they make money both off you as the customer and off the 'shops' as the seller.As long as the 'skim' off the top is more than the amount they have to refund, they come out ahead and in no case do they offer to pay for consequential damages, which in this state they ARE responsible for.
Original review posted by user Mar 13
Even if you are careful enough to order a single chip, test it and then order more from the same vendor - in my experience they are ALWAYS fake - i.e."counterfeit" chips that will only hold 7.2GB when tested using the H2TEST2.exe program.
The trick here is that they 'bait' you by shipping a 'good' card first, so even though you pay the same amount for subsequent cards, assuming you will receive the same as what you received for the single "sample" 128GB or 512GB (I assume 256GB as well), it's their tactic to "bait and switch" - I have never once received a group of more than 1 memory chip that is real. 99% of them are obviously fake, marked as "SD/HC", which is impossible, they would have to be SD/XC in order to hold more than 32GB by definition and standard. They have even taken that one step further: now that they know that an "SD/HC" marked card is obviously fake, they use - in almost every case - the identical picture for all stores showing an SD/XC card - which is the one you get the first time - to test. Even more unfortunately, they write a valid 512GB memory directory to the chips, so that even if you check them under Windows or even CHKDSK under DOS - they show that they are the correct size, but always fail under H2TESTW at almost the identical spot every time: the 7.2GB boundary, where they being to give non-stop errors if written to beyond that point.
I have shown the apparently valid Windows and DOS versions that you would assume mean that they are actually capable of holding 500,000,000,000+ bytes, and the pictures of both the chip itself when removed from the packaging and the packaging itself. So far all of the fake memory chips appear to come from either Taiwan or Hong Kong where someone is wholesale remarking them with larger (yet invalid) memory capacities. They simply refund your money after haggling a bit, determined that "It's not fake!" as I received from several "shops" - until faced with the incontrovertible evidence - output from H2TEST2 - that the memory is indeed defective, in fact counterfeit.
They absolutely know exactly what they are doing, yet "Context Logic", the owner of both "Wish" and "Geek" refuse to do anything about it, even when confronted with multiple examples of what is obviously fake memory - without exception.Lately, this specific 128GB "SD/XC" picture (with the shaded 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 repeating in the background) has replaced many of the obviously fake SD/HC pictures, but you still get fake memory.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Variety of goods offered
What I disliked
- Obviously counterfeit memory chips
- Reason of review:
- Counterfeit Micro SD memory
- Preferred solution:
- Refund of my expenses, including shipping, listing prices on other sales sites and return shipping for fake merchandise, which has ruined MY reputation.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Micro Sd Memory Chip
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I ordered this exact longchamp bag from the runway emporium of lazada and its fake!! From the logo embossed, design, quality. Compared it to the authentic longchamp i got months..."
- "Website states the recipient will receive within minutes usually, it has been over 24 hours and still nothing they took my money immediately out of my account but still have..."
- " I am writing because I am having an issue that needs urgent attention. I am a customer of Aliexpress.com and have made many purchases with no issues up until..."
- "During a 2015 walk in the market in downtown Charleston, SC we were accosted on the street by a KGI promo rep who arranged for us to attend a brief..."
- "I went to the Charleston SC office to get new dentures. The brochure said you get them within 72 hours and it took me 10 days. Had problems with them..."
- "I bought an 18 pack of premier protein at the charleston costco store. When I brought home my pack of protein, I found muscle milk packets hidden and packed..."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."