Verified Reviewer

1.9

I'm writing here because I am frankly appalled by the responses I have received by Wish.com's Customer Support. The full email communication is pasted below and the bottom line is: I ordered a Smartphone on April 6, their courier HermesWorld claimed to have delivered it on April 15 and had it signed for by a member of my household.

This is completely false and may well be a common fraud that has probably worked transparently for them in normal times.

But, we are not in normal times and have not been since March. The message posted by HermesWorld is "Delivered, signed by household" but since the coronavirus pandemic, hand held terminal devices are not to be handed over for signature. The first email below goes into a bit more detail, but I am most alarmed that Customer Support personnel just didn't seem to be the least bit concerned that I had been the victim of a crime. Fraud at the very least and also, just where is my smartphone?

This total lack of concern actually implicates Wish.com itself!

I've left off the names of the Customer Support Reps in the Responses below, but after I'd expressed my concern over what had happened and their lack of concern, I was basically told to just sit tight and wait until the delivery window closes on May 24. That's why I'm writing this now, so I know that the 24th really has come and gone and I still don't have the Smartphone I ordered on April 6.

My Wish Account has an entry against this order (5e8b0d327fd4e11fb7b967b3) falsely proclaiming that the Smartphone was delivered on April 15. I've asked that the entry is removed, but the request has been ignored like the other emails to Customer Support that are pasted below. I also pasted all of this onto Wish.com's Facebook page, which has also been ignored.

On Wednesday 27 May I posted this follow-up on their Facebook page and as you may have guessed by now - no responses:

"So are you just going to ignore my post? Too much to read? Customers must be so tiresome, huh? I want this escalated above Customer Support and sorted out NOW!"

I made it clear that they still have my money and I don't yet have the Smartphone I ordered from them in good faith.

I also said that to have a refund would be good, but a better PR gesture from Wish.com would be to send me an upgraded Smartphone that REALLY gets Delivered by a Reputable Courier.

I also pointed out that Order #: 5e8a36a2c67652c90cfc81a3 is another Smartphone I ordered on April 5. Under Order Details in my Account it says "Processing by 26 May 2020". With everything I'm going through concerning the current Smartphone (Order #: 5e8b0d327fd4e11fb7b967b3) I want your assurance that I will not be subjected to any more of the false delivery shenanigans regarding this order.

Below are the emails I have sent and received from Wish Customer Support. Some of the responses are scripted; robotic - I am a paying customer, very angry, very dissatisfied, out-of-pocket.

I am the victim of a crime, defrauded by Wish.com and their so-called courier HermesWorld. I want a senior intelligent person at Wish.com, who doesn't need to read from a script to sort this out NOW.

Mike T Flanagan

May 11, 2020, 7:23:35 AM PDT

Hi,

Order #: 5e8b0d327fd4e11fb7b967b3 was placed on Wish.com on April 6 2020.

On April 15 2020 at 05:16 pm the courier, HermesWorld claimed the package had been delivered and signed for by a member of the household.

I live with my wife and 29 year old son, with lockdown everyone is in the house and no-one has received and signed for this package.

My house is covered by CCTV, I have two camera's at the front of my house. One camera in the front door and one pointed over the front of the house, which takes in some of the street.

In case of any time differences caused by daylight saving or time-drift, I downloaded 3 clips from each of these cameras at these times: 4:00pm - 5:00pm; 5:00pm - 6:00pm; 6:00pm - 7:00pm. None of them showed a delivery driver at the door or a delivery van in the street at any of those times on April 15.

My order contained a smartphone and although it wasn't a huge price, it was high enough for a test purchase.

Unfortunately, this experience has lived up to my worst expectation and I will be reluctant to order anything of any greater value through Wish.com again and inform others of the same.

Please either provide me with a prompt refund or a replacement delivered by a well-known and trusted courier company.

Mike Flanagan

Wish (Wish)

May 11, 2020, 9:16:19 PM PDT

Hi Mike T Flanagan,

Thanks for being patient as I looked into this.

I'm sorry to hear that your phone hasn't reached you yet. Since you're still within the estimated shipping window, it's very likely that your item is still on the way and is set to arrive by May 24, 2020.

We truly appreciate your patience and hope your item arrives soon.

Wish Customer Support

Mike T Flanagan

May 13, 2020, 6:27:26 AM PDT

Thank you for replying promptly.

But, Im confused as to why the courier (HermesWorld) has already claimed to have delivered it on April 15 and you have just brushed it off so easily. Its as if this kind of behavior is a normal and expected occurrence from these people. Im not sure whether I should feel reassured or concerned by this and what happens if May 24 comes and goes and nothing shows up?

Wish (Wish)

May 13, 2020, 8:36:40 AM PDT

Hi Mike T Flanagan,

I apologize for the inconvenience.

As this address was used on your previous Wish orders, you must first wait for the item to arrive so that you can start the return or refund process.

This item is estimated to arrive by May 24,2020. If you don't receive it after that date, please contact us again and we'll be happy to assist you.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Wish Customer Support

---------------

User's recommendation: Avoid Wish Do Not Trust Them Do Not Buy High Ticket Items.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Wish Pros: Affordable, Somewhat cheap or decently priced items.

Wish Cons: Items i never received and slow refunds.

Comments