6.4K views
2.4
Turnaround Time

It seems the order processing is set up to have you make mistakes like choosing a higher shipping. Just feels like a scam also I can find no easy way to talk to anybody.

When you get your package in the mail there are no identification with it that corresponds back to your order I've been buying some jewelry and a lot of it comes broken bird so cheap it's not worth dealing with. Because of this, I only purchase items that are $5 or less so I don't care if it's broken.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wish Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 19, 2017.

Comments

hey, WISH, if you set a price, stand by it! will no longer browse your website. no matter how cheap things may "seem"

Every item I clicked to buy, the price was 2 to 3 times higher once it reached my car. I thought I was using the app wrong, so I looked online and found this info. Emptied my cart and will be uninstalling the app.

Bought a mini cross bow....90 cents plus 2.00 shipping. I was charged $6.25!

It seems like this type of scam is becomming very popular it is switch and bate tactic even ebay is getting away with it You click on the five dollar item only to find that a pair of flimsy underwear is $5 dollars and a sweater that was in the picture is actually $30 Wasting the consumers time tophatter seems to be more legitimate

Advertised initial cost iS alot less than your check out cist..The deal is not as price initially offered. Scam..

What happen to my post comment? Regarding about, Wish.

Today’s date, Friday August, 10, 2018 I happen to notice there’s been changes on wish.com. The price you see, and the shipping cost, when I add it to the cart, the price goes up.

Example: the item is $2.00, shipping is $3.00, brings the total $5.00. *If this is one those things, in order to get that price $5.00. Example: you would need to spend $25.00 or more to get that deal. When they made that change, the buyers (me) ought to be notified about the change.

Next: anyone knows how to pick what shipping options you want, the fast quick delivery or standard delivery. Thank you

to Virtue_37 #1537407

Hello friend. I just experienced exactly what your describing in your comment about five minutes ago while shopping for some really cute boots on wish.com.

While the advertised price is $9. Yet after choosing my size 10, adding it to my cart...and price jumped to $27! That’s not even including shipping. I usually do all my china shopping on Aliexpress.com.

They’re prices do not change whatsoever and shipping is ALWAYS FREE.

I highly recommend this website, if your not already familiar with them. Out of over 50+ purchases, they’ve only *** up anout five of my orders Not bad really

to Char805 #1556121

Hi. I don’t get a notification, I just happen to ask and post a review regarding wish.com.

About week or so after my post, it went back to before. But yesterday it’s back and today they added spend $25.00 and up, get free shipping.

Example: when it says ‘just pay shipping’ let’s say (pretend) shipping cost is $3.80, but when you added to cart they add shipping cost of example $6.00. In order to take the shipping cost off, you must spend $25.00 or more.

ElementaryBichonFrise

The practice of listing a price and then when you go to the actual site to buy it and the item price is higher than listed is called bait and switch. It is illegal in the United States.

I read information and it says that wish is a united states based company that sells things through it’s website from other countries. They-explain that Are use this practice to drive people to the merchants website. Of course that is why they do it, but it is still illegal.

This should be reported to the consumer agencies in the United States. I am going to be checking into where this can be reported at because this is the United States based company.

to ElementaryBichonFrise #1492611

So why don’t you report them?

to Sandy #1493619

I believe she said she is looking for the agency to report them to for illegal practices. Her comments are correct and Wish is engaged in bait and switch.

Anyone who experiences it should report it. Starting with the Attorney General of your statr is a food begining.

to ElementaryBichonFrise #1503122

This needs to stop. I emptied my whole shopping cart because every item I had was higher than the price advertised when I went to check out.

to chachacha #1515416

Same here! It sucks because I love the items, but not when the upcharge on your cart!

to chachacha #1516321

I have had the same experience and what makes me the most annoyed is that they will have the same item on sale for different amounts and/or use lower or higher shipping costs on the same freaking thing.What I did learn though is that Wish is actually slightly more expensive than shopping on an ebay stores based in China. With the exception of ONE out of maybe 50 items I was shopping for, ebay was ALWAY several dollars cheaper then wish.

(I'm throwing a party and so a lot of time and energy spent comparing prices but it was worth it to never feel like i need to be using Wish again. Oh and ebay had ALL the same stuff that wish did.

to chachacha #1524292

I do the same thing, I went back to Ebay where I know exactly what I’m buying and how much I pay for it, wish is fake and will find that the customers will eventually wake up to their incorrect pricing and move to alternative shopping

to ElementaryBichonFrise #1556676

Did you find out who to report the deceptive practices of Wish.com? I live in TX, who do I contact about this bait and switch crap?

to ElementaryBichonFrise #1592263

I agree, most all clothing is jacked up 5.00 or more, once you hit the buy button!!!! How come??

April Emigh

I don't understand the pricing. An item will be $6.00 with the buy icon next to that price.

But once it's in your cart its $16. WTH.

No explanation, no way to ask why.... sometimes the price stays the same but rarely.

to April Emigh #1489151

i just experienced the same problem. I stopped right there, went into the settings of my computer, and deleted the site.

This is definitely bait and switch. My two items were supposed to be $1.90, even allowing for $3 shipping on each item, that would only be $7.90.

Suddenly my total was over $19. The the answer to this is DO NOT BUY FROM THESE CROOKS.