1.1K views
Resolved
5.0
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Feb 10, 2018

Wish refunded and told me not to bother trying to send the item back... I'm attempting to write a 128GB image to it - which if it works is still ok for free! Wish have to be commended on the speed of reply, and the refunds have gone back to paypal same day.

Original review posted by user Feb 08, 2018

Verbatim branded 512GB apparently for £7 + £4 shipping. (Order details) https://i.imgur.com/PtP0EE0.png I'd been burned before with fake memory cards (a cheap ebay purchase of PSPMemory Gate card) - but thought I would give them a try...

Anyway it arrived today - immediately put it on H2test2 - was writing at 8MB/sec for 5 hours 24mins and then error: https://i.imgur.com/SUw2goY.png So the test failed, however I'm astounded that it got to 173GB before this happened. Branded (SanDisk) 128GB microSD from Amazon is £35 - this was about £6...

Not sure if it will reliably work if I use less than 150GB, if so - I'll probably use it for some none vital purpose. However the fact remains that it is not genuine - and certainly not 512GB.

Product or Service Mentioned: Microsd Memory Card.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Update - contacted wish and sent them a screenshot of the error produced by h2testw v1.4

They asked for a photo of the product, which I sent.

They then refunded me.

To add - I also ordered a 10" Android tablet - suspecting it was too good to be true.

It arrived today - but turned out to be a 7" tablet with significantly lower specs.

Again, sent them a photo - said it wasn't what I was expecting. Refunded within a few hours, and told to keep the tablet.

It's a piece of shit, but will make a decent clock/alarm for my side of the bed. So, if this continues, I will order more 'too good to be true' stuff from Wish, and if it's not what I expect - hopefully get free stuff!