12K views

I have used Wish for over a year and have purchased 600 items. When I make a purchase, I use a prepaid credit card with the same card number each time.

I have had one complaint that I have sent to Customer Service. I was kind in my initial letter. Without any warning my account has been blocked until I give the company a copy of my bank statement. I do not pay with a card connected to my bank in any manner.

I cannot get an answer about this. All the company does is repeat what I have asked. If I do not receive a reasonable answer by Christmas, I will request a fraud investigation with every organization available and will upload my communications with Wish on Facebook and warn people from using the company.

They do not have a number that reaches a human. I am not the only person with this story.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wish Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Same thing happened to me

Check the delivery address associated with your account. I got the same thing and the delivery address was to some Russian guy living in the United States.

I live in Canada.

I feel my account was hacked and this is Wish's way of dealing with it. Hacked or not I'm done with Wish.

FranticGoldenOriole

I have the same issue. I don't have a bank account tired to my wish account, that would be stupid.

But it won't let me purchase anything anymore, & I can't figure out why... There are no answers in FAQ.

CheeryBudgerigar

No. They froze my account that is asked of me every time I love in

I just received the same request for my bank statement and a copy of my photo ID. My statements are virtual, I don't receive paper.

I feel this is a very strange request. Not comfortable with it.

I have the same issue

#1720541

I have the same issue and i hounded them for it. Havent been able to purchase anything.

I really think the customer service is 100% robotic. I wish you could talk to someone.

#1719427

There asking me now of my bank statement,and my account is on hold,i cannot buy,where before i could swipe to pay,but now it shows,checkout cannot, buy any more products,till imsupply that bank statement is this ligit,and when i receive an email from wish,its in different language at the top,where shows inbox,what do i do now

to be clear, I did not return hundreds of items; I meant I had bought hundreds, and had several returns (mainly broken or wrong items) or no shows in that time.

Good luck with that. I had the same thing happen.

They probably automatically flagged your account for fraud. In my case, I had multiple returns (over hundreds of items), and one day they just essentially made it impossible for my account to use their customer service at all. This includes returns. Every single return I have made was with cause and I had to show a photo, so I had proof as well.

The last item before they cancelled me, I had absolutely nothing to gain from a return, as most of the money paid was for the nonrefundable shipping; I honestly was just trying to give the merchant feedback, as they had clearly tried hard to keep this fragile glass item from breaking; I wanted them to know that the one edge was vulnerable to breakage in the mail. That’s how dumb I was; I thought they cared. Now I see they have issued some new terms; part of it says they have the right to withhold customer service from anyone they believe in good faith to be abusing their policies.

I am not sure they could prove good faith after approving each and every return (& even insisting on some that I didn’t ask for money back on), but whatever. I’m long done with Wish, and everyone else should be, too.

CheeryBudgerigar
@Anonymous

I had the exact same thing happen to me.

Dont' trust Wish.com. Shady business practices

I use to love wish now I just get pissed off when it says bank statement it got updated on Jun 20th 2019 and it's still asking I'm like this wish come on now get your *** together or your going to lose people dude

FestiveFrilledLizard826

They’ve asked for an image of my bank card!

I have had this same issue of them asking for a bank statement. Their response was "In order to keep Wish a safe shopping platform for everyone, we placed a temporary hold on your account to protect your financial data until we were able to verify that you were the primary cardholder."

@Anonymous

It’s bs. They did same to me.

My card was not even attached to a bank account, so the request made no sense. I think they have something that automatically flags people for potential fraud after a certain number of customer service inquiries, no matter their content. The next step is they will reactivate, but limit you to not being able to talk with their customer service about anything.

Not just returns, but anything at all. Just say NAH.

Yes, same issue. I was excited to place my first order with them.

NOT! Amazon it is.

I did at least get a response to an email but they still wanted the bank statement and id. I told them thanks but no thanks.

I've had the same problem- have ordered a lot from them before but will now just be ordering from Amazon. I have loads of funds in my account but there is no way on earth I'm sending them a bank statement.

I put an order in and all my orders were cancelled. So I thought I'd try again.

Now I need a statement confirming I bought stuff off them...how can I do that when they cancelled my initial orders...

If they're looking for custom, they're going the wrong way about it because they're not letting you be one. Suppose I better spend my money elsewhere.

Same thing..