8.7K views

I have used Wish for over a year and have purchased 600 items. When I make a purchase, I use a prepaid credit card with the same card number each time.

I have had one complaint that I have sent to Customer Service. I was kind in my initial letter. Without any warning my account has been blocked until I give the company a copy of my bank statement. I do not pay with a card connected to my bank in any manner.

I cannot get an answer about this. All the company does is repeat what I have asked. If I do not receive a reasonable answer by Christmas, I will request a fraud investigation with every organization available and will upload my communications with Wish on Facebook and warn people from using the company.

They do not have a number that reaches a human. I am not the only person with this story.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wish Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

to Carolyn Pirtle #1632656

I agree! This should a Consumer Law violation.

They should be prosecuted for stealing from consumer bank accounts.

The merchants that use Wish to sell their items should stop immediately! Their policy is making them lose sales.

Same thing just happened. I hadn't used the app in a while and redownloaded it just to browse, but previously they have asked me for a photo of the front and back of my credit card!

Same thing juat happened to me and I'm overly pissed right before new years

Same as me...used them and I am not prepared to give over my bank details...this is clearly internet fraud

#1619504

Same I got a gift card and it's for my bank statement when I don't have one

#1619481

I can’t order ***

#1619361

I want to order as usually an it want let me until I send a copy of bank statements an never had a problem before so let me order OK Angelipendergraft284@gmail.com

They have finally refunded by my money, but still cant 't place any orders. Will be closing my account

I have the same problem. I used my CC that is not linked to my bank acct.

My purchased is supposed to arrive between Dec 14 - 16 and it is now Dec 19. Why would they ask for my bank statement? I didn't give my bank statement thinking that they might take money from my bank acct. I didn't receive any cancellations from my order...

maybe i should cancel it myself before they take unnecessary purchases on my CC. This is my first purchase and will never shop with this website again!

to Cherry #1624106

did it arrived?

UtterGlassLizard633

Havin the same issue. Requesting a copy of my bank statement and have taken money from my account. Waste of time emailing as same reply comes back each time

hello i share a similar experience. for christmas this year i was sooo excited and i added so many things ive been wanting to my wish cart and was going to make my order about 2 weeks ago so it would arrive between christamas or mid january, anyway i added my card info and made the order soooo happy to later recieve a message saying my order was declined until i showed a bank statement which i dont have so i had to sadly cancel my whole order.

ive honestly been wanting to shop on wish but now with what happened im scared they will take my card info for something else or something. anyway WISH should take care of that problem cause it is not fair o many customers .

to Anonymous #1623055

Do NOT ORDER. PPL MUST BE WARNED!!

Same thing happen to me last night I'm post and want my money or my stuff I don't even have the bank account from last time I ordered like a year ago and I screened shot an image of my bank where they took it out for this order but they still saying the same thing

I've had the same issue today. I'm really annoyed as I spend a lot of money with them.

Last month I ordered 6 of the same item and the seller only sent 3 and marked it as delivered. I had paid £5 each for the items so £15 is a lot to lose considering it's supposed to be cheap. Wish never refunded my items because they said the package was delivered. There was about 50 messages back and forwards between myself and customer service as I kept marking the problem as unresolved.

They asked me multiple times to send them photos of what I recieved which I did but the person answering each time didn't understand that I hadn't received 3 of the items. They have now taken my money for 2 orders and not shipped. I'm really angry with them. I can't screenshot my bank statement on my phone for security purposes so to do what they ask would mean a huge faff on my computer and sending them my bank details as well.

I can buy the same stuff on eBay.com and will in futire.

Rip off merchants with awful customer service. Revenge blocking accounts so they can avoid refunds.

Same with me. Never had any 'real' problems before.

Ordered loads of times. I go to buy something for my dad and it says can't go through so they will refund me and to try again.

So i try again and same thing happens this time no refund and a big message saying to send them a bank statement which i'm very weary of. This is a damn christmas present so i'm very angry.

They are asking me for my bank statement too, and I used a credit card. I told them they are not going to get a bank statement, since I don't use my bank account and to refund my order.

Once I receive the last item I ordered from them, I am closing my account.

I don't trust Wish.com I have never had this issue with Amazon, Ebay or Etsy. This is their loss.

to SNYX2019 #1622491

After reading all the problems that everyone is having with this company , I can't believe what I'm reading. I have never ordered anything from them, but tonight I had seen some tea)y cute boots on there that I would like to have, but after hearing all the B.S.

that this company is putting everyone threw. I think I will just get my boots at the mall. But I have ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon and I have never had a problem with them. I think Amazon is awesome.But I'm glad now that I read all the reviews about Wish before I ordered those boots.

Thank you everyone for all the info And I read so many of them , I can't remember who said it but if I was you I would follow threw with the lawsuit and call BBB ,AND ANYONE YOU CAN GET TO HEAR YOU OUT. AND GET THE TV NEWS INVOLVED. PUT OUT THERE ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER AND YOUTUBE. IF ALL YOU GUYS CAN SOME HOW ALL COME TOGETHER AND SUE WISH .

I BET YOU ALL WOULD COME OUT PRETTY GOOD FOR LOSS OF MONEY WONT RESPOND BACK TO YOU STRESS KEEP TAKING MONEY OFF YOUR CARD NOT GETTING WHAT YOU ORDERED AND SO ON. WELL I GOOD LUCK GUYS HOPE EVERYTHING TURNS OUT GOOD FOR EVERYONE.

ALL OF YOU OUT THERE I WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!! A.P.

I am having this same exact problem now

This is happened to me for the first time today, and like everyone else I was very confused. I've been shopping with them for years so I have no earthly idea as to why they would ask me for my bank statements out of the blue